Reprinted from Luxury Travel Magazine online -February 4, 2014 -
Spas are launching unique new treatments with gents in mind.
Cavalieri, Grand Spa Club, Italy’s award-winning and more luxurious spa located at the Rome Cavalieri, a Waldorf Astoria Resort, has created this great treatment for one of the most overlooked yet overworked areas: the back.
• Men will especially benefit from the intensive 60-minute Cellular Detoxifying Back Treatment. The cleansing, exfoliating and mask application hydrates and pampers this often overlooked area, while a heavenly foot and hand massage allows the recipient to drift away. Coupled with this treatment is the Dermashine, a 45-minute cell renewal peeling with lifting effects. The evolutionary dermo-cosmetic cell renewal using 3 Acid Complex works wonders in treating thickened, opaque or aging skin as well as alterations in pigmentation and discolorations, blemishes, acne and acne scars. The result is three-fold: a skin smooth as porcelain, intense, illuminating effect, lifting effect. | EUR 210 ($286 USD)
Spa at Windsor Court – Windsor Court Hotel’s top spa, Spa at Windsor Court, offers a Man(ly)cure for both hands and feet. The pampering version of the manicure and pedicure care begins with shaping of the nails, a hand soak, revitalizing cuticle treatment, and gentle exfoliation, followed by bathing the hands or feed in warm therapeutic paraffin and a revitalizing hand or foot massage. Manicure – $40, 40 min; Pedicure $50, 50 min.
Constantly named a top spa in Hawaii, the 50,000 sq. ft. oasis that is Spa Grande at Grand Wailea, a Waldorf Astoria Resort has created the “Spa Grande Men” facial to address the unique needs of men using Germaine de Capuccini for Men with product ingredients including birch sap, a natural extract rich in B and C vitamins and trace elements providing skin with suppleness, tone and hydration. The Spa Grande Men facial restores the skin’s lost energy and vitality, while eliminating toxins and strengthening its defense against pollution, stress and free radicals. For information call 808-875-1234 or visit www.grandwailea.com.
Guerlain Spa in the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria New York – Men’s Treatments
In the heart of midtown, the Guerlain Spa in the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria New York is the perfect stop for men in need of well-deserved relaxation with invigorating treatments, customized exclusively for male needs. Treatments specifically catered to men include the tension-relieving Waldorf Sports Massage, rejuvenating Skin-Saver Facial and Men’s Energizing Facial (see details below). Additionally, to ensure guests will be refreshed and ready for the day’s events, the spa offers complimentary “Final Touch” service inclusive of suit steaming and shoe shining with every treatment. For information and reservations, readers can visit www.guerlainspas.com or call 212.872.7200.
• The Waldorf Touch – 50 min
Customized to produce the results you desire, this comprehensive Swedish massage offers the choice of three aromatherapy blended oils to provide relaxation, detoxification or revitalization. Through an application of targeted, therapeutic techniques, the body will experience a profound feeling of calm with enhanced circulation along with alleviated muscle tension and stress. Guests may then choose the preferred treatment such as deep tissue (to work out worn-in knots) or hot stone massage (to relieve muscle tightness) in order to create the upmost personalized experience.
• Skin-Saver Facial – 80 min
Due to day-to-day shaving and the changing seasons, men may find their faces are tired and dried out. The Skin-Saver Facial comes to the rescue with a uniquely tailored protocol to specifically address a male guest’s needs and expectations in efficiency, skin sensation and total well-being. Following an invigorating exfoliation, skin is strengthened and revived with Guerlain’s exclusive facial massage and specialty mask. Then a unique Guerlain eye treatment is applied in order to relieve congestion and revitalize the eye area. At the end of the service, the face feels renewed with newly-revealed youth and clarity.
• Men’s Energizing Facial – 50 min
Give skin a boost! Uncover a fresh complexion through deep cleansing, exfoliation, massage and mask, coupled with a complimentary eye treatment to create more radiant, smooth and luminous skin.
JW Marriott Grand Rapids invites men to experience the Beer City with its beer-inspired services. “These treatments are catered to men, to bring them into the spa and show them that it’s not just for women. We actually use beer in the treatment! All beers used are local microbrews from here in Grand Rapids.” – Caitlin McClellan, spa manager.
• Brew Pedicure 50 minutes $89
- Beer foot bath, invigorating scrub, hot towels, cooling mask, massage, cuticle and nail care, along with one beer to enjoy during the pedicure.
• Brew Polish & Massage 80 minutes $169
- Beer-inspired body scrub followed by an aromatherapy
- Massage and a gift card to enjoy one beer of your choice.
- Service inspired by Brewery Vivant Solitude and Founders All Day IPA.